Official Tax Receipts
- Monica Place will issue official tax receipts fulfilling all of the requirements of the CRA;
- Tax receipts will not be issued for amounts less than $10.00;
- Each individual donation is to be entered into the database and receipted through the same system;
- Monica Place is responsible for guarding against the unauthorized use of official receipts, therefore access to the database will be limited and password protected; and
- Donations will be processed and receipted and signed by the executive director or his/her designate.
- Gift-in-kind services cannot be receipted by Monica Place as they do not represent a transfer of property;
- Where suppliers donate back cheques related to payment for services provided, they are issued a receipt for the full amount of the cash donation;
- Monica Place may decline acceptance of any gift-in-kind goods or services based on the following:
- The gift may not result in unplanned higher operational costs or financial burden in order to store/liquidate;
- The gift must be an item that can be used within a reasonable period of time by either Monica Place or residents moving into their own dwelling;
- The donor’s business and/or personal activities must be perceived to be socially responsible and not contradictory to the mission of Monica Place;
- The organization has the freedom to make decisions regarding upgrading, maintenance and ultimate disposal of the gift; and
- Other gifts–in-kind may be tax receipted only where Monica Place is able to substantiate the value of the gift. For example; used items without certified appraisal will not be given a receipt.