Section 23 School Program Waterloo
- This program is offered in partnership with the Waterloo Region District School Board.
- The program provides the opportunity for young women to receive elementary or secondary school credits.
- There is a focus on individual programs of study that are revised to accommodate varying levels of concentration, self-discipline, learning styles and well-being in order to meet the student’s needs and goals.
- Monica Place partners with the school program in offering content and facilitating groups, and in supporting young women to obtain their credits in the Prenatal Parenting and SKILLS courses.
- This program is available to any pregnant or parenting young woman, up to age 21, in the community, residents of Monica Place Waterloo or Monica Place Cambridge.
Child Minding Program Waterloo
- Free childminding services are provided onsite in the dedicated childminding space for students in our Section 23 School Program. The care is provided by trained and dedicated volunteers with staff supervision.
- Prenatal young women have scheduled time in the Childminding Program with staff support to gain hands-on skills caring for babies.